The Best Acne Scar Cream Comparison Chart is finally published.
There have been plenty of companies who boasted that they had a cream which could heal or cure acne scars. However, most of them turned out to be nothing more than a moisturizer that did very little to actually heal the look of an acne scar. Until lately, that is. Now, there are some cutting edge companies who have engineered some precision-formulated products that actually DO have a real shot at helping those unsightly acne scars be a thing of the past. These are the best acne scar creams on the market.
First, we have to discuss what exactly IS an acne scar, and how it needs to be treated. There are really two parts to an acne scar. The first is the texture of the skin that is damaged. As an old breakout heals, it can often leave behind either a bump, or a hole. Sometimes called ice-pick scars or box car scars, these pockmark looking indentations of the skin are an extremely common aspect of an acne scar. The best acne scar creams address this. On the other hand, there is another aspect which can be even more visible.
Discoloration, or a dark spot, or a “bruised” look of the skin where a breakout was, is all too common. This aspect of acne scars can be even more annoying, because it’s more visible, and no matter WHAT you try, it seems impossible to get rid of. Many people resorted to dangerous skin bleaches, or ingredients like hydroquinone to fade that discoloration, but the side effects, and links to cancer are a HUGE risk to take. Luckily, there are now some ingredients on the market that a few of the best acne scar creams contain. While sometimes expensive, they can treat the “dark spot” side of acne scars without the side effects or risk.
So, it seems that if you truly want to heal your acne scars, you need a product that can attack not only the bumps, and holes on the skin of acne scars, but ALSO the discoloration and that “bruised look”. Sound impossible? It almost was… but we did a TON of reading and scoured the internet for feedback, reviews on many ingredients that companies claimed were the next big breakthrough in acne scars treatment.
What came of it, was the most complete, comprehensive rating chart of Best Acne Scar Treatments online.
How to Use the Best Acne Scar Creams Comparison Chart:
1. We have identified the 8 most important characteristics of an acne scar treatment, that consumers need to look for. Those are indicated in the columns. The products/brands are in the left column, and it’s “Grade” for each aspect is listed in the row going across.
2. Find the characteristics that are most important to you, and look for the one with the highest rating. That is likely the best match for you, BUT, we strongly advise that you read the review of that product by clicking the product’s image, or the “learn more” link in the far right column.
The Top 10 List is in no particular order. While there are lots of reviews on the best acne scar creams on our website, which we DO encourage you to browse, the list is a short cut.
Below are links to some of our other Acne Scar Cream Reviews, for you to peruse.
- Dermagist Scar System Reviews
- Dermagist Acne Scar Cream Reviews
- Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel Reviews
- Revitol Scar Cream Reviews
- Mederma Advanced Scar Gel Reviews
- Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment Reviews
- Kinerase Scar Treatment Therapy Reviews
- ZenMed Skin Eraser Kit Reviews
- Bio Oil Specialist Reviews
- ScarFade Scar Fade Gel Reviews
- A C Care Advanced Acne Scar Cream Reviews
- Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector Reviews
- Sudden Change Scar ZoneA Acne Scar Treatment Reviews
- Nanoderm Acne Scar Treatment Reviews
- Bioskinforte Acne Scar Cream Reviews
- Neutrogena Fight and Fade Gel Reviews
- Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment Reviews