Consumer Summary of Glytone Calming Cream
Are you about to undergo or just very recently went through a cosmetic procedure such as removing unwanted hair through laser procedures? Or maybe, you are often plagued by minor skin irritations and sensitivities. Whichever of the two situations you may be facing, you should know that there are products designed to provide smoothing and calming effects on the skin. One such product is the Glytone Calming Cream. Before testing it out though, make sure you read unbiased Glytone Calming Cream reviews like this one first.
A Quick Overview on the Company behind this Calming Body Cream
Before we start this skin care product review, let us first give you some idea on the company responsible for its development and manufacturing – Glytone.
According to the manufacturing company, its history began in 1943, during the time that 2 pharmacists decided to collaborate with a dermatologist. The brand itself was created based on the development of the substance known as Free Glycolic Acid. However, it was only in 1992 when the brand name was finally decided upon. The Pierre Fabre Group then proceeded to acquire the brand in 2002. To this day, the company continues to innovate and manufacture products that incorporate the use of Glycolic Acid as its main ingredient.
The Claims Made by the Manufacturer about this Calming Cream
Whenever you look for Glytone Calming Cream reviews, especially those that are online, you need to be very careful in choosing your source of information. The reason behind this is because there are some reviews that tend to write about the product description and the manufacturer claims in a way that make them look like they are proven effects.
With this being pointed out, you should know how to tell the difference between the facts and those that the manufacturer has to say. As part of this Glytone Calming Cream reviews, we have listed the claims made about the product. Here are just some of them.
• This emolient-rich calming cream is suitable for all skin types
• It provides temporary relief from itching that is associated with various minor skin irritation issues
• It also relieves rashes often brought about by post-procedures
• Physicians and medical professionals recommend its use to their patients suffering from skin irritation, allergies, and post-procedure rashes
• Makes use of 1 percent Hydrocortisone, the main ingredient that calms, reduces, and soothes skin inflammation
• Can be used by almost anyone suffering from the conditions mentioned above (2 years of age or older)
• Free of fragrance unlike most of the other skin calming products available today
• It is ideal for those who are still recovering from aesthetic and cosmetic procedures including laser, chemical peels, injections, and microdermabrasion
What Goes into Every Container of this Calming Cream from Glytone?
Another very important aspect that you should look for before believing any of the Glytone Calming Cream reviews you encounter is the ingredient list. Did you know that having knowledge of what goes into the products (especially those that are for the health), that you are considering will help you make a wise decision? This is simply because you will be able to find out if the components of the product are really beneficial.
So as for the ingredients of the Glytone Calming Cream, you will find them listed below.
1. Hydrocortisone – This is a type of mild topical corticosteroid that has long since been used for many different skin problems and conditions. It is used today in patients who are suffering from minor inflammation of the skin, especially dermatitis and eczema. It is also used in many moisturizing skin care products.
The main reason for the popularity of this corticosteroid is its effectiveness in decreasing inflammation, redness, and itching. Some doctors also prescribe products containing this substance to parents of babies suffering from nappy rash. It has also been proven to be of great help in reducing symptoms associated with insect bites and stings.
2. Other Ingredients (Inactive) – Hydrocortisone is the only main ingredient in the Glytone Calming Cream. However, it also makes use of other substances, including Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, and PEG-40 Stearate. These other ingredients also support the benefits provided by Hydrocortisone.
Pros and Cons of the Calming Cream
Every unbiased Glytone Calming Cream review should indicate not only the benefits and the advantages that the product has, but also its not-so-perfect aspects. Since we take pride in the comprehensiveness and the honesty of the skin care product reviews we come up with, we always make it a point to give our readers both the good and the bad about what we are talking about. Read on to find out the pros and cons of this calming cream from Glytone.
o Makes use of hydrocortisone as its key ingredient, a substance known for its minor skin irritation-relieving properties
o Can help those prone to skin irritation, especially in temporarily lessening the symptoms associated with the condition
o Can be used by almost anyone (2 years of age or older)
o You will not find a lot of Glytone Calming Cream reviews online or offline
o For a product that is not that popular, some users may find its price a little too high
o While the results may be effective, they only last for a short period of time
Our Final Verdict – Can We Really Recommend this Skin Care Product?
So, what is our final verdict on this calming cream from Glytone? To be honest, we do not find anything that special that this product has to offer, as there are several other hydrocortisone products that can do the same thing but delivers more benefits. We are also concerned about the lack of consumer and other professional Glytone Calming Cream reviews. What is good about it is that it comes from a known brand and manufacturing company. So if you have more than $20 to spend on a product, you can go ahead and give it a try. However, you should understand that there are other better options for you to choose from.