Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews Reviews and Product Evaluation
Is your canine pal very sensitive to noise, new people, or unfamiliar surroundings? Do visits to the pet or the groomer, travelling, or being away or separated from you elicit negative behavior from your pooch? If such is the case, then your dog is probably suffering from anxiety and stress. In this Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews review, our goal is to assist you in determining whether this particular product can really help or not.
Dogs, much like people, also suffer from a plethora of human-like ailments? And we are not just talking about those that manifest themselves in a physical manner. Dogs can also feel really anxious, stressed, and tensed. They can also become hyperactive and may display shivering or trembling symptoms if they are experiencing nervousness. These are problems that the Tomyln Relax and Calm Chews are said to address.
If you also constantly worry about your dog’s behavior during these situations and other stressful events, you should definitely consider looking at your available management options, including this Tomlyn offering. Let us begin this Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews review by taking a look at what the manufacturer has to say about it.
About the Product
According to the manufacturing company behind these relaxing and calming dog chews, these supplements can help relax and calm pooches whenever situations that can cause them additional stress and anxiety arise. These may be during travels, storms, separation, and events that are associated with loud noises, such as fireworks, parties, or carpentry or road work.
The Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews are being marketed to have been formulated using well-known relaxants, such as l-Tryptophan, ginger, and chamomile. These three key ingredients, as you may well be aware of, have long since been used by many cultures. They are quite popular for bringing back the balance in behavior, supporting relaxation, and reducing hyperactivity.
About the Company
Tomlyn is the name of the company behind the development and manufacturing of these relaxing and calming chews. It is a division of Vetoquinol, USA and is headquartered in Forth Worth, Texas. The company is known for being one of the most innovative and responsive firms in the industry of pet health care.It has been providing its pet healthcare products for more than three decades now, but has recently just been acquired by Vétoquinol.
Directions for Use
The number of chews recommended to be administered to dogs depend on their weight. For every 10 pounds, one chew should be given on a daily basis.
It is quite important for owners to know more about the components of the chews they give their pets, as this can help them not only understand the product better, but also have a clearer idea if the chews can be helpful or not. This is why we have also decided to include the ingredient list in this Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews review.
These Tomlyn chews are available in two variants: the one recommended for small dogs have the following ingredients:
- 66 mg of l-Tryptophan
- 39.6 mg of Chamomile Flower
- 6.6 mg of Ginger Root
As for the inactive ingredients, each chew is comprised of the following:
- Brewers Yeast
- Calcium Sulfate
- Canola Oil
- Chicken Liver Flavor
- Citric Acid
- Corn Syrup Solids
- Mixed Tocopherols
- Propionic Acid
- Rosemary Extract
- Silicon Dioxide
- Sodium Alginate
- Soy Lecithin
- Vegetable Oil
As for the variant designed for medium to large-sized dogs, each chew is incorporated with the following active ingredients:
- 122 mg of I-Tryptophan
- 79.2 mg of Chamomile Flower
- 13.2 mg of Ginger Root
The Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews are specifically designed for the following uses and purposes:
- Provide support to pets that need relaxing and calming, through the use of natural ingredients
- To be used for dogs who get stressed when traveling, with loud storms, and during events of being separated with their owners
- To be given to dogs in anticipation for events that involve loud noises, such as fireworks
- Can also be given to cats
Here are a few more things about the Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews:
- Formulated not only for canines, but also for felines.
- Made as chews, as these are easier to administer to animals who are environmentally stressed.
- The formula contains high concentration, as the higher dosage promotes more optimal compliance.
- Is said to contain high level of L-Tryptophan, with the addition of ginger and chamomile
- Chicken flavoring makes it easy to administer.
There are quite a number of advantages that the Tomlyn chews have over the competition and these include the following:
- Has been developed by a company that has been in the industry for quite some time now.
- High concentration of active ingredients makes it more powerful and can be more effective than most of its competitors.
- Despite the high active ingredient dosage, though, it still does not pose great risk of overdosing.
Of course, every product has its good and not-so-good aspects, and the Tomlyn Chews also have a few of these potential pitfalls. It is important to be aware of them prior to deciding whether or not to stock up on these medicinal treats. Here are a couple of the most noteworthy.
- Probably the biggest drawback to this Tomlyn offering is the fact that they are better used in anticipation of stress, tension, and anxiety, and may not be as effective during the event itself.
- Has quite the number of inactive ingredients
The price for the Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews differ, as there are many suppliers and sources you can get them from. However, the average is around $10 (or slightly less). You can find lower prices by taking the time to compare suppliers’ offerings, as many of them offer discounts on their products they carry.
All in all, we would have to conclude this Tomlyn Relax and Calm Chews review with a positive note. The effects are quite beneficial, even if the chews have to be given several days before the expected stressful and strenuous event. If you need something that can help during such situations, though, it may be best to invest in another product.